Markets fell in today's trading. Nifty 50 closed at 12113.45 (-61.2, -0.5%) , BSE Sensex closed at 41254.00 (-205.8, -0.5%) while the broader Nifty 500 closed at 9961.05 (-56.7, -0.6%). Market breadth is moving down. Of the 1645 stocks traded today, 513 showed gains, and 1056 showed losses.
- Lupin and Bharat Forge earnings call transcripts are now available.
- Axis Direct is a buy on Minda Corporation, with a target price of Rs. 143.
- Markets shed early gains. Top losers include Renuka Sugars, PC Jeweller, Vodafone Idea and IFCI.
- YES Bank continues to gain today on management indicating investor interest from various companies. However nothing concrete has yet happened in the form of early agreements or offers.
- Markets are rising today in early trading. Nifty 50 was trading at 12238.15 (63.5, 0.5%) , BSE Sensex was trading at 41660.53 (200.7, 0.5%) while the broader Nifty 500 was trading at 10066.55 (48.8, 0.5%).Market breadth is in the green. Of the 1422 stocks traded today, 890 were on the uptrend, and 447 went down.
28 stocks in BSE 500 are trading on high volumes today.
Spicejet Ltd. (89.15, 5.25%) was trading at 12.6 times of weekly average. Page Industries Ltd. (22447.05, -4.55%) and Navin Fluorine International Ltd. (1216.75, 5.86%) were trading with volumes 11.1 and 8.0 times weekly average respectively on BSE at the time of posting this article.
BSE 500: highs, lows and moving averages
8 stocks climbed above their 200 day SMA including UPL Ltd. (591.65, 2.23%) and Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. (4297.55, 0.50%). 12 stocks slipped below their 200 SMA including Eris Lifesciences Ltd. (465.50, -11.33%) and Hindustan Copper Ltd. (38.00, -8.10%).