Multi Commodity Exchange of India announced Q3FY23 results:
- For Q3FY23, MCX’s total income increased by 57% to Rs 163.65 crore from Rs 104.06 crore over the corresponding quarter in 2021. The operating income registered a growth of 60% to Rs 143.57 crore from Rs 89.55 crore in Q3FY21.
- EBITDA for Q3FY23 marginally increased by 0.08% to Rs 52.82 crore from Rs 52.78 crore over Q3FY23.
- Due to a delay in the implementation of the new technology platform, the Exchange had to extend the services of the existing vendor, initially for one quarter at the cost of Rs 60 crore (October-December 2022) and thereafter, for two quarters at the cost of Rs 81 crore for each quarter (beginning January 1, 2023, till June 30, 2023). Consequently, Q3FY23 EBITDA has been impacted due to booking expenses of Rs 60 crore (January 2023 to June 2023 period extension costs would impact the coming two quarters).
- Net profit for the quarter ended December 31, 2022, increased by 13% to Rs 38.79 crore from Rs 34.46 crore over the corresponding quarter ended Q3FY22.
- For the nine months ended December 31, 2022, MCX’s total income increased by 37% to Rs 427.34 crore from Rs 312.27 crore over the corresponding period of FY22. While the operating income registered a growth of 4% to Rs 379.76 crore from Rs 260.35 crore in the corresponding period of FY22.
- EBITDA For the nine months ended Q3FY23 increased by 21% to Rs 195.20 crore from Rs 160.86 crore over the corresponding period of FY22.
- Net profit For the nine months ended Q3FY23, increased by 34% to Rs 143.52 crore from Rs 106.92 crore over the corresponding period of FY22.
|Change YoY%||Dec 2022||Sep 2022||Dec 2021|
|Total Revenue Qtr cr||57.3%||163.65||145.64||104.06|
|Operating Profit Qtr Cr||-14.4%||32.74||65.60||38.27|
|Net Profit Qtr Cr||12.6%||38.79||63.27||34.46|
|Basic EPS Qtr Rs||12.6%||7.62||12.43||6.77|