- Profit After Tax
- The Bank's Profit After Tax was at INR 65 Cr. in Q2 FY 2022 as against INR 82 Cr. in Q2 FY 2021. The Profit After Tax for Q1 FY 2022 was INR 34 Cr.
- Operating Profit
- The Operating Profit for Q2 2022 was INR 175 Cr. as against INR 213 Cr. for the same period as compared to last year. The Operating Profit for Q1 FY 2022 was INR 202 Cr.
- Net Interest Income
- The Bank earned Net Interest Income of INR 323 Cr. as against INR 334 Cr. for the same period as compared to last year. Net Interest Margin (NIM) improved slightly in Q2 FY 2022 as compared to Q1 FY 2022. NIM continues to be negatively impacted due to slippages and above normal liquidity maintained during this period.
- Non-Interest Income
- Non-Interest Income of INR 98 Cr. as against INR 81 Cr. for the same period as compared to last year, an increase of 21%.
- Cost Income Ratio
Cost Income Ratio for Q2 FY 2022 was at 58.41% as compared to 48.61% in Q2 FY 2021. The Bank is consciously increasing its frontline headcount to capture the growth opportunities in the coming months. This may result in higher Cost / Income ratio in the near term.
- Return on Equity
- Return on Equity (ROE) (Annualized) was at 7.28% in Q2 FY 2022 as compared to 9.88% in Q2 FY 2021. ROE (Annualized) improved in comparison to Q1 FY 2022.
Speaking on the Q2 FY 2022 results Mr. Murali M. Natrajan, Managing Director & CEO said, "The second quarter was much better than the first quarter of FY 2022. While slippages were higher than pre-covid levels, intense efforts on collections & recoveries coupled with improved environment helped to deliver substantial upgrades / recoveries. This also reflects the underlying resilience of the portfolio quality. New business disbursal picked up momentum and was much better than last year same period and this year first quarter. We are confident of steadily improving business performance in the coming quarters (assuming no further disruption by Covid-19)".