- Q2 FY22: Revenue up by 34% and PBT by 19% YoY.
- Q2 FY22 Revenue from Operations is Rs.1451 Mn against Rs.1081 Mn in the corresponding quarter last year (i.e., 34% growth YoY).
- Company’s Operating Income before Content Charge, Interest and Depreciation (OIBCID) increased to Rs.535 Mn in Q2 FY22 from Rs.387 Mn in corresponding quarter last year (i.e. 38% growth YoY)
- Company’s Q2 PBT at Rs. 453 Mn registered a 19% growth compared to same quarter last year.
- On half yearly basis H1 FY22, Company’s Revenue from Operations has grown by 35% while PBT has grown by 36% compared to H1 FY21
- During this quarter, Saregama Launched multiple new songs across languages, including the hit music of Akshay Kumar starrer Bell Bottom and multiple non-films “Original” songs across Hindi, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Punjabi, and Tamil languages. Company also marked its entry in the Haryanvi segment with its first song launch. The other highlight of the quarter was the use of the iconic song ‘Dum Maaro Dum’ by Apple in its latest iPhone launch advertisement.
- Carvaan sales improved during the quarter in sync with the easing of lockdowns in multiple states. Company sold 103k units during the quarter compared to 45k units in Q1
- Saregama’s Tamil serial ‘Chandralekha’ earned the rare honour of being the first Tamils serial to cross 2000 episodes. The other serial ‘Roja’ continued its leadership position.