ITC Ltd. - Quarterly/Annual Result Disclosures and Notes dated 31 Dec 2018
Auditor and Management Disclosures and Notes for the quarterly results dated 31 Dec 2018
1. ‘Revenue from operations’ includes ‘Gross Revenue from sale of products and services’ and ‘Other operating revenue’.
2. ‘Changes in inventories of finished goods, work-in-progress and stock-in-trade’ should be read as ‘Changes in inventories of finished goods, stock-in-trade, work-in-progress and intermediates’.
3. ‘Depreciation, depletion and amortisation expense’ should be read as ‘Depreciation and amortization expense’.
4. Under the Sheet on ‘Other Comprehensive Income’, ‘Income tax relating to items that will not be reclassified to profit or loss’ has been adjusted with ‘Items that will not be reclassified to profit or loss’. Similarly, ‘Income tax relating to items that will be reclassified to profit or loss’ has been adjusted with ‘Items that will be reclassified to profit or loss’.
NOTES TO STATEMENT OF STANDALONE UNAUDITED FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR THE QUARTER AND NINE MONTHS ENDED 31.12.2018
1. The Unaudited Standalone Financial Results and Segment Results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and approved by the Board of Directors of the Company at the meeting held on 23rd January, 2019.
2. Consequent to the introduction of Goods and Services Tax (GST) with effect from 1st July 2017, Central Excise [other than National Calamity Contingent Duty (NCCD) on cigarettes], Value Added Tax (VAT) etc. have been replaced by GST. In accordance with Indian Accounting Standards and Schedule III of the Companies Act, 2013, GST, GST Compensation Cess, VAT, etc. are excluded and NCCD is not excluded from Gross Revenue from sale of products and services for applicable periods. In view of the aforesaid restructuring of indirect taxes, Gross Revenue from sale of products and services and Excise duty for the nine months ended 31st December, 2018 are not comparable with the previous period.
On a comparable basis, Gross Sales Value^ (net of rebates and discounts) for the nine months ended 31st December, 2018 and 31st December, 2017 are Rs. 55342.07 Crores and Rs. 49148.44 Crores respectively.
^Gross Sales Value includes GST, GST Compensation Cess, Service Tax, VAT, Luxury Tax etc., as applicable
3. The launch and rollout costs of the Company's brands 'Fiama', 'Vivel', 'Superia', 'Engage', 'Savlon' and 'Shower to Shower' covering the range of personal care products of soaps, face washes, shower gels, skin care, deodorants, handwash and ayurvedic talc, and the continuing significant brand building costs of the Foods businesses are reflected under 'Other expenses' stated above and in Segment Results under 'FMCG-Others'.
4. During the quarter ended 31st December, 2018, 50,01,340 Ordinary Shares of Re. 1/- each were issued and allotted under the Company’s Employee Stock Option Schemes (ESOS). Consequently, the issued and paid-up Share Capital of the Company as on 31st December, 2018 stands increased to Rs. 1224,69,16,101/-.
5. Profit for the period in respect of the quarter and nine months ended 31st December, 2017, before considering Exceptional items of Rs. 270.00 Crores (post tax), stood at Rs. 2820.20 Crores and Rs. 8020.54 Crores respectively. Consequently, Profit for the period in respect of the quarter and nine months ended 31st December, 2018, before considering Exceptional items, represents a growth of 13.8% and 12.0% respectively.
Exceptional items in the previous period represent provisions for earlier years in respect of Tamil Nadu entry tax that were written back based on a favourable order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
6. This statement is as per Regulation 33 of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015.