Dena Bank - Quarterly/Annual Result Disclosures and Notes dated 31 Dec 2018
Auditor and Management Disclosures and Notes for the quarterly results dated 31 Dec 2018
1. The above financial results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and approved by the Board of Directors at its meeting held on 31st January 2019 The same have been reviewed by Statutory Central Auditors of the Bank, in line with the directions issued by the Reserve Bank of India and as per the requirement of SEBI (LODS) Regulations,2015.
2. The Financial results have been prepared in accordance with the Accounting Standards i'AS-25) on "Interim Financial Reporting" fallowing Accounting Policies as those followed in preparation of annual financial statements for the year ended 31st March 2018 except as mentioned in Note No 5 below
3. The financial results for the quarter/ Nine Months ended 31st December 2018, have been arrived at after considering Provision for Non-Performing Assets, Standard Assets, Restructured Assets, Depreciation / Provision for Investments and Provision for Exposure to Entities with Un-hedged Foreign Currency Exposure on the basis of Prudential norms and guidelines issued by RBI Provision for Taxes, Depreciation on Fixed Assets, Employee Benefits and Other Provisions for Contingencies have been considered on estimated basis.
4. RBI vide its circular DBR.No.BP.BC.102/21.04.048/2017-18 dated April 2, 2018 and DBR No. BP.BC 113/21.04 048/2017-18 dated June 15, 2018 had permitted banks to spread provisioning for mark to market (MTM) losses on investments held in AFS and HFT categories for the quarters ended March 31,2018 and June 30,2018 respectively upto four quarters, commencing from the quarter in which the loss has been incurred. Accordingly, Bonk had spread MTM losses to the tune of Rs. 161.99 cr ( Rs. 16.69 cr related to March, 2018 and Rs. 145.30 cr related to June, 2018) to the subsequent quarters in Sept 18. however, since during the current quarter the overall portfolio of the Bank has a positive MTM, hence no further provisions are required to be carried forward in terms of the said RBI Circulars
5. Board of Directors of Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Our Bank at their respective meetings held on 2nd January, 2019, have approved the amalgamation of three Bonks. After Inking into consideration the recommendations of the respective audit committees on the shore exchange ratio under the Joint Valuation Report and the Fairness Opinions issued to the Concerned Banks under Amalgamation, the Boards of each of the Concerned Bank have also approved the following share exchange ratio (A) 402 equity shares of Rs 2/- each of Bank of Baroda for every 1000 equity shares of the face value of Rs.10 only each held in Vijaya Bank (B) 110 equity shares of Rs. 2/- each, credited as fully paid up in Bank of Baroda for every 1000 equity shares of the face value of Rs.10 only each
6. RBI vide Circular No DBR. NO.BP.BC.108/21.04..48/2017-18 doted June 6th 2018 permitted Bonks to continue the exposure to MSME borrowers to be classified as Standard Assets, where the dues between September 1, 2017 to December 31st, 2018 are paid not latter than 180 days from their respective original due dates Accordingly, the Bank has retained advances of Rs. 193.80 cr as standard Assets as on 31st December 2018 and is maintaining a standard asset provision of Rs. 9.69 cr, in accordance with provisions of this circular
7. Provision Coverage Ratio is 66 60% as on 31st December 2018.
8. In accordance with the RBI circular no. DBOD No. BP.BC. 1/21.06.201/2015-16 doted 1st, July 2015, the Bank is required to make Pillar 3 disclosures under Basel III capital regulations. The disclosures are being made available on the home page of Bank's website (www.denabank.com).
9. Position of Investors complaints for the quarter ended 31" December 2018 is as under: For Table, kindly refer Corporate Announcements on www.bseindia.com.
10. Corresponding figures of earlier periods have been regrouped / reclassified, wherever necessary to make them comparable with the period under review