Bayer Cropscience Ltd. - Quarterly/Annual Result Disclosures and Notes dated 31 Dec 2018
Auditor and Management Disclosures and Notes for the quarterly results dated 31 Dec 2018
1. The Company has only one reportable business segment, i.e. "Agri Care". The Company’s business is seasonal in nature and hence quarterly figures are not necessarily representative of the full year's performance.
2. The Government of India introduced the Goods and Service tax (GST) with effect from July 1, 2017. Revenue from Operations for the period from July 1, 2017 is presented net of GST. Revenue from Operations for period up to June 30, 2017 included Excise duty.
3. Current Tax for the nine months ended December 31, 2017 and year ended March 31, 2018 is net of INR 330 Millions towards reversal of provision for income tax matters on completion of assessment for earlier years.
4. The Board of Directors at its meeting held on November 14, 2018 approved the Scheme of Amalgamation of Monsanto India Limited (MIL) with Bayer CropScience Limited (BCSL) and their respective shareholders under Section 230 and 232 of the Companies Act, 2013 and other applicable provision, if any. In consideration of the amalgamation BCSL will issue and allot 2 (two) equity of INR 10/- each credited as fully paid-up of BSCL, for every 3 (three) equity shares of INR 10/- each in MIL and whose names are recorded in the register of members on the record date. The Scheme of Amalgamation is subject to various regulatory and other approvals.
5. The above results have been reviewed and recommended by the Audit Committee and approved by the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on February 4, 2019. The above results have been subjected to limited review by the Statutory Auditors of the Company.