Wipro Ltd. - Quarterly/Annual Result Disclosures and Notes dated 31 Dec 2018
Auditor and Management Disclosures and Notes for the quarterly results dated 31 Dec 2018
1. The audited standalone financial results for the three and nine months ended December 31, 2018 have been approved by the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on January 18, 2019. The Company confirms that its statutory auditors, Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP have issued audit report with unmodified opinion on the standalone financial results for the three and nine months ended December31, 2018.
2. The above standalone financial results have been prepared from the interim condensed standalone financial statements, which are prepared in accordance with Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS), the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 ("the Act"), as applicable and guidelines issued by the Securities and Exchange Board of India ("SEBI"). The Ind AS are prescribed under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 3 of the Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Rules, 2015 and Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Amendment Rules, 2016.
3. The Company publishes this standalone financial result along with the consolidated fmancial results. In accordance with Ind AS 108, Operating Segments, the Company has disclosed the segment information in the interim condensed consolidated financial statements and is incorporated in the consolidated financial results.
4. Adoption of Ind AS 115-Revenue from Contracts with Customers: OnApril 1, 2018, the company adopted Ind AS 115, "Revenue from Contracts with Customers" using the cumulative catch up transition method applied to contracts that were not completed as of April 1, 2018. Accordingly, the comparatives have not been retrospectively adjusted. The adoption oflnd AS 115 did not have any material impact on the standalone results for the nine months ended December 31, 2018.
5. Consequent to insolvency of two of our customers, the Company had recognized a provision of it3,832 for impairment of receivables and deferred contract cost in the year ended March 31, 2018.
6. Sale of hosted data center service business: During the nine months ended December 31, 2018, the Company has concluded the divestment of its hosted data center business in Singapore and United Kingdom.
Loss of control in subsidiary: During the nine months ended December 31, 2018, the Company has reduced its equity holding from 74% to 11 % in Wipro Airport IT Services Limited.
The loss/ gain on these transactions is insignificant.
7. Other expenses for the period nine months ended December 31, 2018 include an amount of it 5, 141 ($75) paid to National Grid on settlement of a legal claim against the ·company.
8. As part of a customer contract with Alight LLC, Wipro Limited·completed the acquisition of Alight HR Services India Private Limited (currently known as Wipro HR Services India Private Limited), for a consideration on 8,275 ($ 117) on September 0l, 2018.
9. Events after the reporting period
The Board of Directors in their meeting held on January I 8, 2019 declared an interim dividend Rs. 1 (US$ 0.01) per equity share and ADR (50% on an equity share of par value of Rs. 2)
Further, the Board of Directors approved issue of bonus shares, commonly known as issue of stock dividend in the US, in the proportion of 1:3, i.e. 1 (one) bonus equity share on 2 each for every 3 (three) fully paid-up equity shares held (including ADS holders) as on the record date, subject to approval by the Members of the Company through Postal Ballot. The bonus issue, if approved, will not affect the ratio of ADSs to equity shares, such that each ADS after the bonus issue will continue to represent one equity share of par value of it 2 per share. On completion of bonus issue, the Earnings Per Share for all periods presented will be adjusted retrospectively.
Azim H Premji Executive Chairman & Managing Director