Subex Ltd. - Quarterly/Annual Result Disclosures and Notes dated 31 Dec 2018
Auditor and Management Disclosures and Notes for the quarterly results dated 31 Dec 2018
Other income of Rs 21 lakhs includes shares of profit from the subsidiary Subex Assurance LLP of Rs 20 lakhs.
1. The above results have been reviewed by the Audit Committee and approved by the Board of Directors in their meeting held on January 29, 2019.
2. The financial results have been prepared in accordance with the recognition and measurement principles laid down in the applicable Indian Accounting Standards ("Ind AS") prescribed under section 133 of the Companies Act, 2013, read with relevant rules thereunder and in terms of Regulation 33 of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations. 2015 and SEBI Circular No CIR/CFD/FAC/62/2016 dated July 5, 2016.
3. The Board of Directors of the Company in its meeting held on August 21, 2017 approved the restructuring of the Company’s business by way of transfer of its Revenue Maximization Solutions and related businesses ("RMS business") and the Subex Secure and Analytics solutions and related businesses ("Digital business") to its subsidiaries. Subex Assurance LLP and Subex Digital LLP (together referred to as "LLPs"), respectively, hereinafter referred to as the "Restructuring", subject to shareholders and other requisite approvals, to achieve amongst other aspects, segregation of the Company's business into separate verticals to facilitate greater focus on each business vertical, higher operational efficiencies, and to enhance the Company's ability' to enter into business specific partnerships and attract strategic investors at respective business levels, with an overall objective of enhancing shareholder value.
The shareholders of the Company approved the Restructuring by way of special resolution passed through postal ballot on September 23, 2017 and subsequently, the Board of Directors of the Company in its meeting held on October 4, 2017 approved November 1. 2017 to be the effective date of Restructuring
Accordingly, effective November 1, 2017, the Company's RMS business and the Digital business have been transferred on a going concern basis for a consideration of Rs. 61,564 Lakhs and Rs 1,869 Lakhs, respectively, in the form of Company’s capital contribution in the aforesaid LLPs. Post such restructuring, the Company continues to directly hold 99.99% share in the capital of and in the profits and losses of. each of these LLPs and the entire economic interest as well as control and ownership of the RMS Business and Digital Business remains with the Company post such Restructuring.
4. Share of (loss)/ profit, net, from Limited Liability Partnerships includes the following (loss)/ profit from LLPs. For Table, kindly refer Corporate Announcements on www.bseindia.com.
The aforesaid share of profit/ (loss) from LLPs are after considering amortization of intangible assets and deferred tax liabilities/ assets, arising on account of business restructuring detailed in note 3 above.
5. Represents write back of provision for doubtful advances no longer required
6. As at March 31, 2018, the Company assessed and concluded the carrying value of it's investments in its subsidiaries, to be appropriate, basis the valuation carried out by an external valuer. There is no change in the management's assessment as regards the aforementioned carrying value of its investments in its subsidiaries as at December 31, 2018.
7. Represents provision in respect of withholding taxes deducted /deductible by the overseas customers of the Company.
8. The Company is engaged in the business of software products and related services, which are monitored as a single segment by the Chief Operating Decision Maker, accordingly, these, in the context of Ind AS 108 on Operating Segments Reporting are considered to constitute one segment and hence the Company has not made any additional segment disclosures.
9. Ind AS 115 Revenue from Contracts with Customers, mandatory for reporting periods beginning on or after April 1, 2018, replaces existing revenue recognition requirements. Under the modified retrospective approach there were no significant adjustments required to the retained earnings at April 1, 2018. Also, the application of Ind AS 115 did not have any significant impact on recognition and measurement of revenue and related items in the financial results.
10. The Board of Directors and the shareholders of the Company in their respective meetings held on July 31, 2018 approved "Subex Employees Stock Option Scheme - 2018" (hereinafter referred to as the "ESOP Scheme 2018") in accordance with all the applicable provisions of the Companies Act. 2013 and the provisions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Share Based Employee Benefits) Regulations, 2014 ("SEBI ESOP Regulations") to be administered through Subex Employee Welfare and ESOP Benefit Trust (hereinafter referred to as the "ESOP Trust"). The ESOP Trust was registered as per provisions of Indian Trust Act. 1882 on September 6, 2018 and is authorised to acquire shares of the Company through secondary market for providing such share-based payments to its employees. The ESOP Trust is consolidated in the standalone financial results of the Company and the shares reacquired and held by ESOP Trust are treated as treasury shares and recognised at cost and deducted from other equity.
11. Considering the Restructuring as detailed in note 3 above, the figures of the current quarter and year to date are not comparable to figures of the corresponding previous quarter and year to date figures presented in these financial results.