Specialty Chemicals firm Jubilant Ingrevia Announced Q1FY23 Result :
- Overall Revenue grew by 2% on YoY basis, mainly due to higher sales performance by Speciality Chemical Business.
- Speciality Chemicals revenue grew by 26% YoY driven by volume growth across product segments
- Nutrition and Health Solutions business performance was impacted mainly due to spreading of Bird & Swine Flu in EU & US region resulting into lower demand. This is a short-term challenge in the segment, and business continues to maintain its market share and leadership position.
- Chemical Intermediates volume have grown while revenue is impacted mainly due to lower prices of key RM i.e. Acetic Acid.
- EBITDA at Rs 151 Crore is lower by 47%, mainly due to Chemical Intermediate EBITDA normalization. Nutrition Margins were impacted due to lower sale, while Speciality Margins were impacted due to higher input costs which were passed on partially.
- PAT declined by 53% YoY driven by lower EBITDA, as explained above.
- ROCE for the quarter stood at 20.8% as against 27.8% in FY22 on TTM Basis
- ROE during the quarter stood at 15.7% as against 21.9% in ’FY22 on TTM basis
Commenting on the Company’s performance, Mr. Shyam S Bhartia, Chairman and Mr. Hari S Bhartia, CoChairman, Jubilant Ingrevia Limited said: “We are glad to announce steady operational and financial performance in Q1’FY23, in the backdrop of inflationary headwinds leading to higher raw material and energy costs during the quarter. In our Specialty Chemicals Business revenue grew 26% YoY, on account of strong demand across all our product segments. We witnessed significant increase in input costs Including energy costs, which was passed on partially during the quarter, impacting segment’s EBITDA margin. In our Nutrition & Health Solution Business, Niacinamide sales volume were significantly impacted due to spread of Avian and Swine Flu in EU and US regions leading to lower segment revenue and EBIDTA, however the price realization was better during the quarter.
This is a short-term challenge in the segment, and business continues to maintain its market share and leadership position. Our Chemical Intermediates Business, continue to witness strong demand resulting into volume growth. Business is maintaining the leadership position of Acetic Anhydride in Domestic market and also Improving our market share in Europe. On YoY basis segment has witnessed normalization of market situation and lower Acetic Acid prices, which is also reflecting into both Revenue and EBITDA. We are fully committed towards our growth aspirations and we are excited to realise the emerging opportunities going forward in all our business segments. We are fully confident of moving ahead with our well defined growth capex plan, which is supported by our internal accruals. Our aim is to achieve sustainable profitable growth in medium term and structurally we are poised towards moving on to the next tier of performance in our growth journey and margins”.